Return!

Hello all! 

First of all, I'd like to apologize for my unannounced hiatus. Life suddenly got very busy, and instead of trying to fit in a few scattered posts, I opted to just take the summer off and enjoy the adventures. (Hint: they involved princes, fancy dresses, friends, cuddly things, and even a trip across an ocean!) I'll fill you in more about that all later, but for now, we need to address that most important events that is already breathing down our necks: NaNoWriMo. 

If you don't know what that is, go check it out here. Basically, it's a world-wide challenge to write 50,000 words in the month of November. It's all about getting your story out, without fear or inhibitions. I encourage you to try. Even if you only get 5000 words or 5, it's still a start. And I believe in you. 

This year's theme is Space, and as soon as I saw that I got a brilliant idea: Why not write a space-themed story? I've been playing around with my usual cast of characters lately to the point I don't even know what point in their story I'm looking at. This seemed like a good way to break away from that and get a clean start. Of course, my characters decided to tag along, but I'm okay with that. I'm going to play around with a few things that I've not been able to fit into their main story line and just let them develop their own voices again. 

I didn't want to put a lot of work into creating my own world as this is supposed to be a fun, low-stress exercise, so I opted to use the Firefly universe. It won't be a fanfic per se, but I'm borrowing elements from the world. I'm rather excited for it, even if right now I don't have a real plot. I'm planning on working on that this month to develop some ideas, or else I'll be floundering my way through November in frustration. To avoid any copyright or plagiarism issues, though, I will be calling it a fan-fiction, and giving all credit for the world to the creators of the show.

Well, that's all for now - time to stop procrastinating and get back to prepping for November!
Happy writing, all!

~Belle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Trouble in Bookland

Writing Schedules

The War to End All Wars - Why We Remember