Book Review: Trouble in Bookland

Trouble in Bookland: Part One by Marlene Simonette

First of all, I would just like to say that I am honored to know this young and talented author personally. I met her last year through the NaNoWriMo forums and she is one of those with whom I have stayed in contact over the past several months. Her joie de vivre and vivid imagination are easy to see even in just how she interacts online, and are among the reasons I was looking forward to the release of her first book so much. 


Trouble in Bookland fulfills the dreams of so many authors and readers - it offers a place where writers and characters can interact in the world together. Thirteen-year-old author Linda is taken to this wonderful land for her birthday, and while she's there, adventure ensues, just as it should. While dealing with something from her past, Linda must grow as an author in order to defeat a villain that seems intent on destroying book worlds. 


This is a fun little story (only took me around an hour to read), that I would recommend to anyone looking for a clean YA fantasy novel. It's a great concept, and I really enjoyed the characters. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen developed a little more. And I had some slight confusion about whether Linda had been there before or not. Also who is Blank and what happened to him??? I need to know!!! (This is partially explained by the end, but I still have questions hehe.)


It should be noted that if you don't like cliffhangers, then you should wait for Part Two to come out, because the ending drops you off the edge without a parachute. 


I am honored to have been asked to beta-read Part Two, and I couldn't be more excited to find out what happens next with Linda and the land of Dreams. 


You can pick up Trouble in Bookland: Part One on Amazon and you should totally check out Marlene's blog as well.


(Check back next week for the reveal of my April CampNaNo project! I'm really excited to start writing this one!)


~ Belle

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Schedules

The War to End All Wars - Why We Remember